❤The Diary-Keeper❤

My photo
I am discovering better who I am and am working through odds and ends and whales and minnows. I am going somewhere always. When I am standing still and when I am walking-- I am moving, moving, moving.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Tonsillectomies and Weight Loss

Hello, there~!

So, today is my third day of recovery from my tonsillectomy.

I really did think that I would be okay after a couple of days, but it turns out that I am looking at another seven to nine days of taking it easy. Today, at six, I found out that today will be one of those days where I will be experiencing nausea. I had not experienced any the two days previous to today, but, gosh, I am so glad that I was given anti-nausea pills. This kind of nausea acts quickly and is sort of disabling when I am half awake, just taken some pain medication and have not been eating very much since the surgery.

Which brings me to the eating-portion of this whole scene. I don't feel hungry. But more than not feeling hungry, I don't mind not feeling hungry and am not thinking about food/weight/body as much. I'm much more focused on just resting and doing what is necessary for my body. How lovely! And here is some more important news-- I'm not excited about this because it feels so normal. There is no need to get super enthused about it because this is how it is supposed to be like: listening to my body, eating when my body wants to eat, leaving thoughts of food at the table when I'm done being hungry.

Oh, gosh. I'm staring to feel a little dizzy. I need to take a shower and then go back to bed.

Before I do so, a few more things. I noticed that I have been dropping body mass like crazy. This means that, because my diet for the past three days has been water, juice, apple sauce, and sparkling water, that a lot of my excess body mass has been from water retention. I cannot keep eating out. The sodium is way too much. I bet my little heart has been working pretty hard considering the ratio of sodium to water in my body. Also, my poor brain! I must have been dehydrating my brain terribly.

I have also found that I need to steer clear of dairy. I've gone back and forth between thinking that it is okay for me to consume dairy to completely eliminating it from my diet. I always forget how much better I feel without it in my diet. Margaret suggests goats milk and goat cheese because it is softer on one's body than cow's dairy. Lessen learned! :)

Finally, I have been reading a great little book called "Change Your Brain, Change Your Body". I initially picked it up because I believe that the changes that will allow me to act differently within stressful situations and around food will come from my head not from outside influences (i.e. whether there is ice cream, cookies, chips, etcetera around me).

The book talks about other things that have been worrying me, also. Such as reduced ability to remember things and severe stress that is difficult to control. My inability to remember things as well has been a little worrisome to me. It's been going on for a few years now- sometimes getting better and sometimes being so bad that I have considered talking to a doctor about it.

The book is talking about how to get a better body through improved brain health. I like this concept. I fully believe that the only way to move past difficulty with overeating, compulsive eating, stress eating, etcetera, is by taking better care of oneself. Love will change things. And I know from experience that anythings else-- especially force (i.e. dieting, restricting, self-loathing, etcetera)-- results in emotional rebellion and more problems. I am on my side, and I want to know that on a molecular level.

This book says that something that can boost one's own happiness in as little as two weeks is by writing five things to be grateful for each day. Only two weeks! I'm up for that!

1. I am grateful for the internet.
2. I am grateful for my ability to love unconditionally.
3. I am grateful for those who do not speak to me anymore.
4. I am grateful for all of my wonderful friends and family members.
5. I am grateful for cats.

Off to shawa- wo abimasu!

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment