❤The Diary-Keeper❤

My photo
I am discovering better who I am and am working through odds and ends and whales and minnows. I am going somewhere always. When I am standing still and when I am walking-- I am moving, moving, moving.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Anxiety and boys

While writing my last post, I realized that one reason why I am so confused and bothered by getting attention from boys is that I don't find myself attractive.
This isn't because I have excess fat on my body-- well, it has to do with that, but that's not all. I don't think I am attractive because I see from my excess weight that I am unhappy. I see that I need to be working on things; that I need to be changing and understanding myself better. Excess weight comes from me eating when I am not hungry. It is my physical signal to myself and others that I am deeply unhappy with somethings.
Getting attention from boys is bizarre. Am I really attractive to you even though I am having a hard time not placing all of my worries under the umbrella of food/weight-related issues? What is attractive about that?
Furthermore, how can boys touch or kiss me when I am like this? It's frightening. It says to me that my proof of things that are yet to be dealt with is not enough. People cannot see it well enough. I can't gain more weight because I'm scared of it. And, yet, it's not enough. The excess weight plan is a failure. It's time for me to drop it and cut the funding. But, then, where does this leave me? A person who eats when she is hungry and stops when she is full; a person who loses weight quickly when she is dealing directly with her emotions-- surely this person doesn't have people who are concerned for her or will take her desperation seriously.
Also, how I find something as efficient as food that will help me when I want to leave myself? What is there? What is there for me that I can access at any moment?

I think this means that I need to take out my DBT book and look at coping skills.

-Kat

1 comment:

  1. Are you thinking of adopting a dog owner? Is there one now living at your family room? The following advice will be of help if your abilities as an owner. The advice you find here can make your experience a good one for new and old dog owners alike.
    www.metrasafety.com |

    www.newslinesonline.com |

    www.perfectwristwatch.com |

    www.phillyaccidentlaws.com |

    www.renoracepromotion.com |

    ReplyDelete